Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can't find his birth.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynnette

Lynnette Report 26 Feb 2005 09:39

Been hunting for the birth of Edward Walter Rich. He died 1905 Sep Qtr and was buried 25/07/1905 aged 7 months in Romford, Essex. The family was living in Colchester, Essex on the 1901 Census but not sure when family moved to Romford, Essex. His sister Doris was born in Romford 1906. Anyone any ideas where I can look now, as I have looked on freeBMD, Ancestry and 1837 on-line? Lynne-Canvey Island, Essex

Samantha

Samantha Report 26 Feb 2005 10:07

Hi, I no this is no help, but just to let you know that your not the only one, Im having the same trouble with my father in laws birth, I have his death record and his marriage to my mother in law. We were told by him that is was born in bradford and his partners died when he was young. But there is not record of his birth on the 5/1/1936 for a person with his name in bradford on that date. regards sammantha

Lynnette

Lynnette Report 26 Feb 2005 10:33

Thanks for replying..isn't it so frustrating Samantha when you spend hours looking, and then looking again. Yes Nadine, they were married in 1898, there son born 1898 was registered, and his sister born year after his death was regestired, so I presume that they would have registered him. Oh well, he will probably turn up sometime. How wonderful to know someone else is bobbing up and down in the Thames...lol Lynne

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 26 Feb 2005 15:58

I had a look on the FreeBMD images for the quarters 1804 Dec - 1805 Sep, and then looked at 1804Sep (which it really shouldn't be, by the arithmetic!). I also looked at Rice and Richards, as well as Rich, in case he'd been mis-transcribed (I had a Willam Charles Lancaster listed as William Cherlee Lancaster on the typed GRO list!). He really doesn't seem to be there, does he! It looks as though you'll only get the info from the local office. It might be worth a phonecall. Otherwise, Baptism registers? Christine

Lynda

Lynda Report 26 Feb 2005 18:12

hi just a thought but try spelling the surname differently. I came across rellies that had the surname spelt three different ways one on census , another on marriage cert and then on some of childrens'birth certs and not on others. eg. Goward to Coward to Gower. Hope you have some luck Best wishes Lynda

Lynnette

Lynnette Report 26 Feb 2005 21:06

Thanks Lynda and Christine for your comments. I have looked doing some mispelling of Rich but haven't turned anything up yet. I guess it can't always be straight forward or we wouldn't have anything left to do....lol. Thanks again, Lynne