Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with Message Board

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicky

Nicky Report 25 Feb 2005 23:20

First time I have used this site today. Tried to put message on 'Trying to find', but noticed that my name is in black type, whereas everyone else's message is in blue and when you put cursor over my name it doesn't allow me to open up. Have I done something wrong or does it look OK to other users - please help as if its a bit pointless if anyone wants to send a message and they can't. Thanks. Nicky

Padkat

Padkat Report 25 Feb 2005 23:22

Hello Nicky That is normal. It helps you pick out your own messages, but to me it would appear as a link. Good Luck with your search. Kate :)

Nicky

Nicky Report 25 Feb 2005 23:33

Thanks kate, I guess that would make sense. It's gonna take a bit of getting used to, what with messages, threads, chat and all the different titles and headings. Nicky

Bob

Bob Report 25 Feb 2005 23:41

Nicky Welcome to the madhouse - You gotta learn a whole new language. Good luck

Nicky

Nicky Report 26 Feb 2005 00:03

Thanks everyone for the advice, although now i have seen this site I can imagine its going to be pretty addictive!!! Nicky

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 26 Feb 2005 00:29

welcome Nicky! It is indeed a very addictive site and well worth the membership fee! Happy hunting.

Nicky

Nicky Report 26 Feb 2005 10:51

That what I thought Colin, but I wanted to make sure I had entered the query OK else no point if no-one could contact me and also as no-one knows me, it wouldn't matter if I looked stupid. Nicky

Linen

Linen Report 26 Feb 2005 18:20

Hi Nicky Escape now before the addiction gets you! I just casually looked in a couple of months ago & it's a good thing I live alone as I don't get time for housework anymore. Last w/end I had to do some overtime & got terrible withdrawal symptoms, almost DTs. Seriously, you will enjoy it, everyone on here is mad but lovely. Regards & good luck with your research Vivienne