Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with PAF Please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Feb 2005 14:27

Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how, to export only a part of the Tree in a PAF Programme as a Gedcom file. Sometimes I encounter individuals who are researching a particular Surname or line and only need that info. At the moment I only know how to export the whole Tree of 3,952 individuals.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 25 Feb 2005 15:09

In Legacy, which is PAF based, you can set Focus groups, which you can then export. My old (non windows) PAF had a facility for focus groups, so I expect yours does too. On a tangent, does your PAF have a Facts & Fun section? I used to think that was the best bit, and the modern programs don't seem to offer anything like it.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Feb 2005 15:12

Facts and Fun???? If only!!!! Thanks for the idea about Focus Groups, I will have to try to learn how to set one up. Jim

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 25 Feb 2005 17:27

Family search PAF 5 lets you do it as well. Peter

Helen

Helen Report 25 Feb 2005 17:49

Click on 'export' (third icon in my tool bar) A box pops up and near the bottom you can choose 'partial' and 'select'. A further box appears where you can choose which names to include in the file.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Feb 2005 18:11

Thanks Helen I tried that and it seems to have worked. Thanks Peter I will try your suggestion next time Jim