Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anybody know .......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Feb 2005 22:28

how someone from New Zealand can get information from church records in Claverdon, Warwickshire from the late 1700s and early 1800s without travelling to the UK. On the LDS site I have found several Chamberlains christened in Claverdon but cannot determine if they are related. Thanx. Jim.

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 24 Feb 2005 22:31

May well be on film through the LDS. Where in NZ are you (I'm in Auckland) phone contact may be easier. Peter

Peter

Peter Report 24 Feb 2005 23:26

Is this of any help it Warwickshire records office. www.warwickshire.gov.uk/general/rcindex.htm

maryjane-sue

maryjane-sue Report 25 Feb 2005 00:58

Looking at the IGI site - there are a whole bunch of Chamberlains born there - with at least 2 sets of parents. Thomas Chamberlain and Ann, and Edward Chamberlain and Hannah. There are 2 marriages there - Thomas and Ann in Oct 1775 and a much later one between a Joseph and Elizabeth. And an Edward Chamberlain married Hannah Alliban in May 1813 in Rowington, Warwickshire. Looking at the dates of the births, they go nicely with the marriages - i think. lol The earliest child listed born to Thomas and Ann is 1776 - which would tie in with their marriage. The earliest child born to Edward and Hannah is 1814. Also, there is a chance the offspring of Edward & Hannah show in the 1841 census - possibly still with their parents? Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Mar 2005 11:26

Thanks to those who replied to my query about the Chamberlains in Claverdon. You have provided me with some valuable information concerning IGIs. I have discovered that my local library has this info on m/fische so I am off there tomorrow to wade through it all and see if I can find what I want. Jim

Claire

Claire Report 8 Mar 2005 11:50

http://www.ancestral-villages.co.uk/vview.php3?uident=&placename=Claverdon Ancestral Villages is quite small (still in it's infancy) but check it out. It may just give you a clue. Claire xx