Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone love a genealogical challenge???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Juliana

Juliana Report 21 Feb 2005 23:32

Ok, this is very long winded so do bear with me! Right, here goes - 1871 census JAMES WILSON (1798) Taxal, Cheshire- HEAD ANN WILSON (1829) chapel en le frith, derbyshire -DAUGHTER EMIT WILSON (1854) chapel en le frith, derbyshire GDAUGHTER MARGARET WILSON (1849) chapel en le frith, derbyshire (GD) MARY WILSON (1865) chapel en le frith, derbyshire (GD) THOMAS WILSON (1870) chapel en le frith, derbyshire (GS) ok, i believe that ANN was the unmarried mother of EMIT AND MARGARET and the grandmother of MARGARET'S illegitimate children MARY and THOMAS. 1881 census - EMMETT living with MARY in cheshire. ANN is head of the family with MARGARET (daughter + the right age) and THOMAS (correct age, status unknown) 1891 census - ANN is again head of the family with THOMAS and a G daughter MARGARET A WILSON born c1887. 1901 THOMAS is living with his family in Lancashire. Ok my queries are, who could MARGARET A WILSON's (born c1887) parents have been and where was she on the 1901 census (I can't find death records for her) and also where is MARGARET WILSON (born c1849), can't find her on the 1891 / 1901 census and can't find death records for her either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Ju xxx

Seasons

Seasons Report 21 Feb 2005 23:38

Could you please put the topic and see below and enter the information as a reply as your message is all squashed up and hard to decifer.

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Feb 2005 00:08

1871 census JAMES WILSON (1798) Taxal, Cheshire- HEAD ANN WILSON (1829) chapel en le frith, derbyshire -DAUGHTER EMIT WILSON (1854) chapel en le frith, derbyshire GDAUGHTER MARGARET WILSON (1849) chapel en le frith, derbyshire (GD) MARY WILSON (1865) chapel en le frith, derbyshire (GD) THOMAS WILSON (1870) chapel en le frith, derbyshire (GS) ok, i believe that ANN was the unmarried mother of EMIT AND MARGARET and the grandmother of MARGARET'S illegitimate children MARY and THOMAS. 1881 census - EMMETT living with MARY in cheshire. ANN is head of the family with MARGARET (daughter + the right age) and THOMAS (correct age, status unknown) 1891 census - ANN is again head of the family with THOMAS and a G daughter MARGARET A WILSON born c1887. 1901 THOMAS is living with his family in Lancashire. Ok my queries are, who could MARGARET A WILSON's (born c1887) parents have been and where was she on the 1901 census (I can't find death records for her) and also where is MARGARET WILSON (born c1849), can't find her on the 1891 / 1901 census and can't find death records for her either.

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Feb 2005 00:10

OK now I've reformatted that - 1) who were Margaret Wilson's parents - you will have to get her birth cert to discover that. Where was she in 1901 - she would be 14 and probably left home and working somewhere, quite possibly mistranscribed. Margaret Wilson b. 1849 could be married by 1891. Have you checked for a marriage? Even if single she could still be mistranscribed, lots of my relatives are either missing or misrecorded on both these censuses. Wilson unfortunately is a rather common name to be looking for! nell