Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can i get U.S.A. Information easyly.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 21 Feb 2005 23:31

Hi I am looking for any tips to help me locate infomation on my grandfather Woodrow Dale Kelly in the USA. I know he married Nellie Irene Johnson born in 1912 Pennsilvania she later married Raymond Krammer in 1951 after Woodrow split. Nellie died in 1979. I would like to know more about Woodrow Dale Kelly & his father. As i am new at this, and i don't know what places to look in for Infomation. Can any of you good people help point me on the correct path to take? Thank you

Seasons

Seasons Report 21 Feb 2005 23:45

http://rat.de/kuijsten/navigator/uk/index.html You could try this surname search engine - You put in the surname and country you want to search and it gives a few different web sites to try.

Crista

Crista Report 22 Feb 2005 00:03

Ronald, What year where they born and where? You should be able to find them on the US censuses on Ancestry. Crista

Crista

Crista Report 22 Feb 2005 00:47

Ron, There's this couple in 1930. Name Family Members Home in 1930 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relation Woodrow Kelly Longview, Cowlitz, WA abt 1903 Pennsylvania Head Nellie Kelly Longview, Cowlitz, WA abt 1914 Wife Crista

Crista

Crista Report 22 Feb 2005 01:12

Ron, Think the above Woodrow was Woodrow J Kelly as I found his death record. Your Woodrow was probably born c1913 when Woodrow Wilson became president. It was a common name that year. That would tie in with Nellie being born in 1912. Crista

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 22 Feb 2005 08:16

There's a Woodrow Kelly aged 16 on the 1920 census in PA. He's a boarder, born in PA, as were both of his parents. He's a labourer at Radiator Works.

Crista

Crista Report 22 Feb 2005 08:26

Thought I should add I've been emailing Ron back and forth and we've found Woodrow with his parents Elmer and Louise in 1930. What we can't read is Elmer's parents in 1900. If anyone can look at the image for Elmer Kelly Page number 1a and Enumeration District 138 and see what they think we'd be grateful. Crista

The Bag

The Bag Report 22 Feb 2005 09:50

Had a look and no, haven't a clue, has a transcriber attempted any interpretation anywhere? -head- could start La.. jess x

Crista

Crista Report 22 Feb 2005 10:41

Hi Jess, Ancestry's transcribed them as Seannam and Daolly. I can make out the other children as Clarence, Harry, Celia May and ???? Crista

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 23 Feb 2005 17:02

Hi it's Ron from the UK. I would like to thankyou all for your help. Chrita you have been great, a big thankyou to you for all that hard work you put in to helping me. Christa Has been helping me get started on my tree, and has gone back to the 1800s. Is that good of her or what: I just wanted to say Thankyou to you all for helping me. All the best Ron