Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriages - Dates & Names

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 19 Feb 2005 13:04

Hi Forgive me for being a bit thick but can anyone tell me how I find the womens date of marriages, and who they married? ie. if I type in Jane Harrison, there are millions but who did she marry, its harder to find the daughters marriages than the mens. Your advice would be appreicated. Cheers Yvonne x

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Feb 2005 13:35

hi if you click on see others on the page it will then give the men on the page, the only definate confirmation is a marriage cert or if they are on a census you will then get her first name with hubbys, as there are only four names to a marriage page you can sometimes be lucky, when cross referencing against the census sandra

Heather

Heather Report 19 Feb 2005 13:39

Where are you typing the names in? On 1837online or freebmd?

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 19 Feb 2005 19:26

Thanks Sandra Ill try that. Heather, I use Freebmd and Ancestory.com to find out the census bit. Thanks for the advice. Regards Yvonne x

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Feb 2005 19:34

Yvonne If you know of any children of the marriage, the maiden name of the mother will be on the birth certs and after 1911 the maiden name also appears in the births indexes. nell