Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ADOPTION

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Haley

Haley Report 19 Feb 2005 11:08

Does anyone know how to find out details of an adoption ! My mum was adopted and it has left me a little stuck. Her name ENA KYM COLLEY must be her adopted name as nan was called GLADYS COLLEY, I also know she also spent sometime in a childrens home .Her DOB is 22/03/58

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Feb 2005 11:24

hi haley,there are one or two things you will need to know,as where the adoption took place,if your mum kept any of her birth names can be a great help in tracing birth,do you know any details at all.kay

Seasons

Seasons Report 19 Feb 2005 11:27

You are going to have to ask your Mum what she knows and to apply for her adoption file. This is quite a traumatic thing to do and she may not yet be ready. Once you know the details from the file then it opens up the whole situation and you will be able to take it from there - depending on what you find.