Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Temporary Cookie help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2005 16:45

There are one or two sites which won't let me in unless I turn on temporary cookie support. I have AVG and Zone Alarm, CCleaner and my Browser is Mozilla Firefox. Please can someone guide me, as a little child, through the intricacies of turning on Temporary Cookie Support. Thank you.

Heather

Heather Report 18 Feb 2005 16:52

Grampa, I assume you have Internet Explorer 6? If you go to Tools at the top of your screen, click and then click on internet options. You will see a tab which says Privacy. Click on that tab. There should be a little scale for the cookies. Pull the slide down to accept all cookies then apply. I hope that works! I had to do it myself when I put on IE6. Otherwise it may be that you need to add those sites over to the 'allow' section on the CCleaner program. Click on the CCleaner logo, then on options. You will see two columns. One that has pages under not allowed and one on the right which says allowed. If the pages you cant get on are on the left hand side click on them and move them, using the arrow, to the right hand side.

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2005 17:07

I don't have Internet explorer, but I tried the biz with ccleaner to no avail.

Heather

Heather Report 18 Feb 2005 17:18

Sorry - there are some real whizzes on here with puters, hope they can help. I will nudge this up in case any of the techi bods are on this evening!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Feb 2005 23:43

Thanks Peeps.