Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grt, Grt Grandfather Giachardi - Not who I thoug

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maxine

Maxine Report 18 Feb 2005 14:45

On the 1871 census-1881 census- marriage cert etc my Grt Grt Grandfather has the name of Thomas GIACHARDI, but on the 1861 census he is down as Thomas Hackerman-aged 10yrs servant lad. Everyone else in the household are the same apart from wife who is named as GIACHARDI- Hackerman E. On the 1871 census, wife is plain Elizabeth Giachardi and Thomas is now a Giachardi and named as son. Am I right in thinking that Thomas was probably Elizabeth's son and he took the name Giachardi later on. Oh well - I liked the idea of having a bit of Italian Ancestry Any suggestions appreciated. Maxine

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Feb 2005 14:48

Looks to me like Elizabeth had Thomas before she was married. Kath. x

Sarah

Sarah Report 18 Feb 2005 14:54

is it possible Mr Giachardi was still his dad? Do you know when they married?

Maxine

Maxine Report 18 Feb 2005 14:55

Thanks Kath, I didn't think of that. I presumed that Elizabeth had been married before. Maxine

Maxine

Maxine Report 18 Feb 2005 14:59

Hi Sarah, I can't find a marriage between Giovanelle Giachardi and Elizabeth Hackerman anywhere. My Italian friend says the correct way of spelling Giachardi is Giaccardi and I suppose Hackerman could be spelt in a number of ways. On the 1861 census their is a boy called Giachardi aged 4yrs, son. Maxine

Sarah

Sarah Report 18 Feb 2005 15:14

There doesnt even seem to be a birth ref for the younger Giachardi boy that I can see. Sorry I can't help Sarah

Maxine

Maxine Report 18 Feb 2005 16:27

No they seem abit of a mystery. Maxine