Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone love a challenge???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Juliana

Juliana Report 17 Feb 2005 19:30

I have a great mystery in my tree that I would love some help with! Its very long winded so please bear with me, ok here goes.... On the 1871 census SAMUEL and ELIZABETH BUNTING are living together with JULIA (daughter) born c1854 as well as a 3 other daughters. By 1881 SAMUEL is now married to EMMETT and JULIA is no longer living there. She has left presumably to get married. Ok, the prob is I can't find a birth for Julia Bunting at all and neither can I find a marriage for Samuel and Elizabeth. It has been suggested that Elizabeth and Samuel were not actually married and that Julia may have been her child from a previous marriage. Elizabeth and Julia seem to have disappeared into thin air. Could it be divorce?? Is there any way of finding out about Julia ie who she married??? Any help, greatly appreciated!!!!! Ju xxxx

Juliana

Juliana Report 17 Feb 2005 20:06

hi mary, elizabeth and emmett are defo not the same person as i found the marriage between samuel and emmett. emmett was only a few years older than samuel's oldest child. xxxx

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 17 Feb 2005 20:23

Hi Try Freebmd Ive found loads of marriages on their for most of my ancestors even their second marriages but you will have to be patient and keep trying different dates etc. Hope this helps, happy hunting Yvonne x

Juliana

Juliana Report 17 Feb 2005 22:12

thank you all for your suggestions! jackie - your a star, yet again!!!! ill check out the marriage for samuel and elizabeth, not sure of the dates though as they were both on the 1871 census and im pretty sure subsequent children were samuel's, they were all born in the 1850s though, could samuel and elizabeth had the children and then married??? regards, juliana x