Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can someone point me too a site for 1861 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren

Darren Report 17 Feb 2005 15:47

Hi all, can someone point me to a site that would have the returns for staffordshire/dudley.

Margaret

Margaret Report 17 Feb 2005 15:58

Darren I dont believe there is one as yet. Margaret

Val

Val Report 17 Feb 2005 15:59

1837online has just put it on but I don't think it is complete mostly London I think but worth a look

Heather

Heather Report 17 Feb 2005 16:00

1837online has the 1861 census online at the moment but it appears to only cover the Greater London area.

Darren

Darren Report 17 Feb 2005 16:01

Thanks all, thought as much.

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 17 Feb 2005 16:14

Hi Darren There is quite a bit on this site, although not generally detailed as to relationships., but otherwise very useful. Hope you find what you are looking for. www.griffs4bears(.)co(.)uk/census/home.html (remove brackets) Tina