Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tavern

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 17 Feb 2005 10:51

hi everyone my grandmothers father had apub in them days it was tavern,it was round about 1800 is there anyway i can find the name of the tavern.wishful thinking thank you for any help given ,the name of great-grandfather was john bassindale.he was already dead in 1893 thank you joyce

Peter

Peter Report 17 Feb 2005 11:10

Some town web sites have a pub history list. There are also a few site on line that resurch pubs (the ones I found are a bit Tounge in cheek) I beleve the Vitlers have an Archive and as some one surgested the other day you could always try the locale licensing authoraty.

The Bag

The Bag Report 17 Feb 2005 11:16

Where abouts. Do you have him on any cenus? What was your grandmothers name please, and where and when was she born jess