Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Address's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 17 Feb 2005 09:16

Hi How many certificates have you got that has an address on them, after three years of searching for a birth I found the certificate sent off for it but am none the wiser because it just had the area of birth no address. I was desperate for an address and now think I am never going to get any further. Any ideas please Margaret x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Feb 2005 09:34

Just counted and I have 11 birth certificates that give no address, just a town/village. Can you locate the family in a census? By noting where they live in relation to named houses or pubs for example, you can sometimes work out the enumerators route and find their houses that way. I have found families still next door to people named in a previous census. As the area became more developed, addresses became more exact. Did they have a trade and have an entry in the trade directory?

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 17 Feb 2005 12:32

Hi Gwyneth, Know I have never found this persons Father on a census only the 1881 and by that time they never lived in the area the daughter was born and was hoping that after finding the birth certificate it would have had an address. People on here have looked for the father on the census but no luck. This is the end of the road for this family, I have 15 certificates with address's but not one for the family in question. Margaret x

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 17 Feb 2005 14:11

Hi Patricia, yes I think it depended on the area as of the 3 certs. I have for the area in question not one has an address on it. Margaret x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Feb 2005 14:39

If you know the area, could you look for a baptism record? Sometimes these give an address.