Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SPIRITUALIST CHURCH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dea

Dea Report 16 Feb 2005 22:28

Hi, Sorry, I don't mean to cause any offence but I don't know anything about the spiritualist religion. Two of my ancestors were married in a spiritualist church in Salford, Manchester. - I don't know how to find this record - e.g. chapel, unitarian, etc. etc. I understand (slighty) , spiritualism, but I don't know what your churches are called. Any information gratefully received. Regards, Dea.

Peter

Peter Report 16 Feb 2005 22:37

Just put in search spirtualist church and you get up lots of them

Sue

Sue Report 16 Feb 2005 23:33

Hi The Spiritualists National Union, Redwoods,Stanstead,Essex telephone 01279 816363 may be of help or The Greater World Christian Spiritualist Association telephone 02074367555. Your local paper or library may also advertise local Spiritualist services. Good Luck in your search.

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 17 Feb 2005 00:14

Dea When looking for non-conformist registers, you are looking for series prefixed RG.(Records Offices) Incidentally, I wasnt aware that Spiritualist Churches were allowed to perform marriages in the 1800s? Marjorie

Dea

Dea Report 17 Feb 2005 08:49

'Mornin' everyone, Thanks for your suggestions - I will follow them all up. By the way, marjorie - you could well be right about the 1800's - fortunately this one was in 1919. Thanks again, Dea.