Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

viewing each others trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Milliesmate

Milliesmate Report 16 Feb 2005 22:22

I have tried to find the explanation and instructions on letting other view my tree. When i went into the area they all have view in 1st column then allow then the bin does that mean i am letting everyone on my list see my tree. confused. amanda

Julie

Julie Report 16 Feb 2005 22:25

Hi Amanda if it says allow then no they can't see you tree

Sam

Sam Report 16 Feb 2005 22:27

The people on your contact list cannot see your tree unless they have 'remove' next to their names. 'Allow' means that you must click on it to allow that person to see your tree. 'Remove' means that they have access already and that you need to click to remove their access. It only applies to the individual person, not your whole contact list. The bin at the side is just for you to click on if you wish to delete that person from your contact list. Hope this makes sense! Sam

Lynne

Lynne Report 16 Feb 2005 22:29

Hi! In the 1st column, if you are allowed to view someone elses tree it will say VIEW, if not it will say REQUEST. In the 2nd column if you have allowed someone to view YOUR tree it will say REMOVE,-- and if you haven't it will say ALLOW, which allows the other person to view it. Only that contact and any others to who you have given permission will be allowed to see it

Milliesmate

Milliesmate Report 16 Feb 2005 22:34

Thanks for that. always a quick answer from you helpful lot. thanks aagain amandax