Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This is my problem....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 16 Feb 2005 16:29

Hi everyone, Mt grandmother was born to John Henry Speakman and Mary Ann Whalley. I have managed to find both of their deaths which has Mary as a Speakman. All the children were born in Barnsley in 1906 onwards and were Speakmans. However, I can not find any marriage for them. I am open to suggestions. Gail

Slinky

Slinky Report 16 Feb 2005 16:36

Do you have their death certs and if so ...what info does it give on those? I have found a marriage for a Mary Ann Whalley and a John Henry YOUNG .....but no John Henry Speakman....are there any Youngs in your Line?

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Feb 2005 16:38

I presume you have looked AFTER the birth of the children as well as before?

Gail

Gail Report 16 Feb 2005 16:39

Hi, I don't have the the death certificates but I know when they died. I have one of the birth certificates which states mother as Speakman formly Whalley. When was the marrige that you foun to YOUNG. Thanks Gail

Gail

Gail Report 16 Feb 2005 16:46

Hi Grandpa Jim, Yes I have done that. According to my grandmothers birth certificate her mother is Mary Ann SPEAKMAN formerly Whalley. Gail

Slinky

Slinky Report 16 Feb 2005 16:57

The marriage for YOUNG was....... Mary Ann Whalley John Henry Young Dec Q 1893 Bradford 9b / 128....... Have been through the marriages on BMD but only till 1910 , so if they married after this then you would need to look in the St. Catherines index. Anne.

Gail

Gail Report 16 Feb 2005 17:01

Hi Anne, Thanks for your help. Gail

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Feb 2005 20:19

Hi Gail, My g grandparents married after NINE children. All the children had their father's surname, and G grandma used G Grandad's surname, to confuse things, she also used her second name! Family rumour was that he was already married. After about 4 years of looking - I've found it!! Now to see whether she was in an asylum or not.................... Never give up - just imagine the most unrealistic scenario and try that avenue!!! maggie

Gail

Gail Report 16 Feb 2005 20:27

Hi Maggie, Thank you for your support and input. I shall not give up. One day I will get there. Gail