Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

US death certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Greg

Greg Report 16 Feb 2005 15:07

Hello, My British born g-g-grandfather died in Mass. US in 1910 (or perhaps 1911). I would like to get a copy of his death certificate but don't know how to go about it. Any suggestions? I looked on Google and found some for US$40 if it is post 1911, but I am not sure on mine and think it is probably 1910.... Any help appreciated!

Brenda

Brenda Report 16 Feb 2005 20:00

Greg, and anyone else looking for US records, you might want to try this site, but be aware, some States will not mail internationally. www cdc gov/nchs/howto/w2w/w2welcom htm replace the spaces with dots! Brenda

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 16 Feb 2005 20:05

Greg I was given this link as I also want a death cert for Massachusetts...... http://www(.)mass(.)gov/dph/bhsre/rvr/vrcopies(.)htm remove brackets.............but like Brenda says, they will not mail outside of the US. I am going to order mine and have it sent to my friend in Florida, to collect when I visit in a couple of months. Hopefully you will have a similar contact who can pass it on to you??? Anne

Brenda

Brenda Report 16 Feb 2005 20:15

I have helped before by acting as a forwarding location for a US certificate and then posting it on to the 'real' recipient in the UK! Brenda