Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help dating an Aircraft

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Feb 2005 22:48

I have a couple of photographs which my dad took of his grandfather at Croydon Airport when he visited London. It was definitely prewar because other pictures taken outside the house show the Iron railings which were taken away to be melted down during the war. So sometime in the late 1930s. In one of the pictures he is standing in front of a Twin Prop Plane with Air Pilots Training Ltd painted on the nose. In the other one the Plane, again two engined is a KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines) and on the side of the bodyis painted KONIN..... or something very similar. Are there any Plane Buffs out there who can help me to refine the dates of these photos? Thanks, Jim

Peter

Peter Report 15 Feb 2005 23:11

Are you talking WW2 and can you discribe the aircarft or is it pos to E-mail it to me

Geoff

Geoff Report 15 Feb 2005 23:20

Koning and Koningin are the Dutch words for king and queen. Perhaps the plane had a name.

Peter

Peter Report 15 Feb 2005 23:22

If you put KLM HISTORY in search you will get the site for KLM and it history scroll down to pic with dates and click the one for your quire.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Feb 2005 23:22

Peter I have sent you a message.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Feb 2005 23:31

The KLM one looks to be a DC2.

Geoff

Geoff Report 15 Feb 2005 23:41

'By 1936 KLM was equipped with DC2 and DC3 aircraft.'

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Feb 2005 18:14

Fantastic result, Thanks guys. Planes identified as a DC2 and an Avro Anson.