Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Comeing to 1914-1918 site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 15 Feb 2005 15:48

After talking with the Editor of 1914-1918 He has desided to set up a page to help ID photos, To help trace the Regements ECT. it will take him a few weeks as its a one man op but it will come. So keep your eyes on it if thats what you need. In the meen time he sugests to join the Forum as there are several thousend WW1 enthusiasts on there all willing to give advice, You have to join but its simple and free.

Peter

Peter Report 15 Feb 2005 16:18

Actually I'm having great fun. Every time I help I learn as much as thous I help.

Julie

Julie Report 15 Feb 2005 22:41

Peter Your a star Julie

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 15 Feb 2005 22:43

Thank you Peter that is great news. Elizabeth

Joy

Joy Report 15 Feb 2005 22:48

Do you mean 1914-1918.net? Brilliant site! Joy

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 15 Feb 2005 23:35

is there any chance of a ww2 site the same that would be great

Peter

Peter Report 15 Feb 2005 23:41

Joy. YES Val. I will have a go can not promise any thing.

Paul

Paul Report 16 Feb 2005 00:15

Peter, Well done, that is excellent news. I recently found information on that site that led to a rethink on tracing a name ( too long to go into at this time) and it helped to identify him. Who knows, maybe someone has a history or photo of him that will be posted on the site. Paul. P.S. I salute your courage on posting messages, keep going. We are here to help, and not only in Genealogy :))

Judy

Judy Report 16 Feb 2005 00:33

Hi Peter and many thanks for what you are doing. I am researching my father-in-laws service record and have a photo I could add to the site. He served in the Boer & WW1 Wars. We have his medals which show he was a driver in the RFA so I am grateful for every scrap of information being so far away we the folks down under find it difficult to visit Kew. Once again and many thanks. Goodluck, JudyNZ

Peter

Peter Report 16 Feb 2005 01:00

For thouse of you that would like to help set up the ID page I sugest that you contact the Editor and tell him how you can help, such as a Photo that has and can be id accratly IE clear vew of cap badge or other identafing marks, buttons, badges, sholder tabs things like that. He will porobly wish he had never heard of me if you all send some thing. (He Has a Day job as well)

Joy

Joy Report 16 Feb 2005 10:53

As you said, Chris Baker has a day job too!! :) Joy