Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861/1871 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 15 Feb 2005 10:11

Hi Desperately trying to find information re my Great Great Grandfather. Unfortunately I do not have a 'clear' name for him. 1881 census lists him as Hosannah Benham, whereas his marriage certificate, 1891 and 1901 census's and also the birth certificate lists him as Hanani or Honnai. He married in 1878 Rosanna (Rose Hannah) Pearce and was born circa 1856, however I still cannot trace his birth details etc.tho I from the info I do have he could have been born anytime between 1853-1856 in Maidstone. 1881 Census gives a younger brother Thomas, and his marriage cert gives his father as Charles, desperately trying to find reference to any or all of them in 1871. Known to be living at 158 Union Street Maidstone in 1881 and 1891. Are there any other avenues I can try. I've tried looking at ALL Barhams in 1871 but no luck. Does anyone have access to the 1861 censes.

Simone

Simone Report 15 Feb 2005 11:02

Hi Samantha 1861 census Kent now online at www(.) 1837online(.)com Simone x

Louise

Louise Report 15 Feb 2005 11:11

Hi Samantha, I think this might be them in 1871. The first names match but an interesting mistranscription of the surname! The address looks like 16 Bristows Yard. Let me know if you want the image sending. Louise --- Charles Larner 50 Ticehurst, Sussex, England Head Maidstone Kent Hanani Larner 13 Wakeland, Essex, England Son Maidstone Kent Jane Larner 44 East Peckham, Kent, England Wife Maidstone Kent Lydia Larner 5 West Malling, Kent, England Daughter Maidstone Kent Robert Larner 8 Rochester, Kent, England Son Maidstone Kent Thomas Larner 10 Rochester, Kent, England Son Maidstone Kent Source information: RG10/941 Registration district: Maidstone Sub-registration district: West Maidstone ED, institution, or vessel: 8 Folio: 31 Page: 17 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 81