Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 - Is here on 1837

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sane Jayne

Sane Jayne Report 15 Feb 2005 07:22

JUst to let you all know there is the 1861 census online on 1837 for Kent, Surrey, London and Middlesex. Thought some of you may find it useful. Regards.Jayne

Heather

Heather Report 15 Feb 2005 07:24

When did that happen - wow! Will go and look. Oh not ancestry then, boo hoo.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Feb 2005 10:59

Jayne I saw Peter's thread about this and got all excited, hoping to clear up a family mystery - BUT I couldn't find the people I wanted, so I did an address search using an address from an 1862 birth cert - and the house number isn't there!!! nell

Sane Jayne

Sane Jayne Report 15 Feb 2005 21:11

Nell, Is it in the London or Kent area as I live in Kent but work in London so if there is anything you would like me check from this end on a record or local library the n let me know and I will see what I can do. Regards, Jayne

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 15 Feb 2005 21:58

I'm so thrilled, let's hope they get more counties online soon. Given that FreeBMD now have BMD images, I suppose they had to branch out or wither away.

Shirley

Shirley Report 15 Feb 2005 23:30

I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Shirley

Karen

Karen Report 15 Feb 2005 23:53

great..........but at 3 units to have a look at an image its a little expensive...but if you find who your looking for its worth it kaz