Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

*CALLING ALL BARLTROPS*

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 15 Feb 2005 00:46

See below

David

David Report 15 Feb 2005 00:46

I have the pleasure of owning a copy of 'The Bar Tree' written by Robert Barltrop in the late 1970's. It's an account of several generations of the Barltrop family since the 1700's. A few hundred names are listed, taking into account spelling variations such as Bartrip, Bartrop, Barthropp, Bartrick, and Bartrup. Now I certainly don't intend distributing copies, and it would be far too time-consuming to set out the whole of the family tree. However, if you have Barltrop ancestors in your family, please contact me off-list with details and I will see if I can provide some info. Regards Dave

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 31 Oct 2008 12:28

My Great Great Grandfather was a William Bartrupt born 1830 in Great Dunmow, Essex. Is there any chance this may be the same family?