Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP PLEASE! MISSING GREAT GRANDFATHER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 14 Feb 2005 22:43

Could anyone give me any idea's on where my great grandfather would be in 1901, his name was Edward Stannard he would have been 27 in 1901, on the 1901 census his wife Ellen and 3 children Edward, Frank and Rose are living at 7 Fairlight Road, Tooting Graveney, Wandsworth, London with her parents Elias and Ellen Huddy, her surname is also stated as Huddy not Stannard, I know they were married as I have their marriage certificate. I have tried every search possible but cannot find him!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Feb 2005 22:48

He might be mistranscribed. It seems his wife and children were visiting her parents and got put down with the wrong surname in error. Do you have an address from a birth cert for one of the children that you can check out? nell

Poolie Girl

Poolie Girl Report 14 Feb 2005 22:56

there is a family of STAN HEAD in Battersea. Could that be them?

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 14 Feb 2005 22:58

Thanks Nell Edward and Frank were born in Windsor which is where both family's originated from, daughter Rose was born in Tooting Graveney which did make me think great grandmother had gone to stay with her parents to give birth, have tried searching Windsor and still no Edward, have tried every different spelling possible.

Poolie Girl

Poolie Girl Report 14 Feb 2005 22:59

Albert Stan Head 26 Battersea, London, England Son Battersea London Edward Stan Head 27 Battersea, London, England Son Battersea London Elizabeth Stan Head 50 St Martin, London, England Head Battersea London Sarah Stan Head 25 Battersea, London, England Daughter-in-law Battersea London Image shows Stannett Beth :)

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 14 Feb 2005 23:00

Hadnt thought of the spelling Stanhead!! Thanks Elizabeth