Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any Suggestions Please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 14 Feb 2005 21:37

Please can anyone suggest what I should do next? I have found that my Grandad(James Colley) had a daughter by the name Alice M Wilkinson(that 's what was on his death certificate. Today my cousin checked Births Deaths and Marriages and somewhere else and only found that also residing at the address my G/dad lived and died in was not only Alice but Birlsood Wilkinson. We can't find any thing else as we did not know about Alice until last week,when we got G/dad's death cert. We do not know when Alice was born,married or died or if she is still living also we do not know who or what relation Birlsood was to her i.e. Husband or Brother. Please anyone who has any suggestions as what we can do next would be very much appreciated. Thankyou All. Sheila

Sam

Sam Report 14 Feb 2005 21:43

Hi Sheila Try posting a few more details, what year did your grandad die, what part of the country was he from etc and I'm sure someone on here will be able to find something Sam

The Bag

The Bag Report 14 Feb 2005 21:49

Off the top of my head If james 's daughter had a different name to her dad and a male of the same name was at the address i would hazzard a guess at it being a married daughter and the chap of the same name being her husband. some years would help jess

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Feb 2005 22:22

Was the 'Birlsood' handwritten or typed - it's not a name I recognise? Whenabouts was this? nell

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 15 Feb 2005 10:00

There is a Bertwood WILKINSON birth on freebmd.