Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

C1820....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

R.B.

R.B. Report 14 Feb 2005 12:24

I THINK THATS WHEN SHE WAS BORN- WHO YOU ASK- MARY ATKINS OF MARKET BOSWORTH, LEICS. I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY INFO NO MATTER HOW SMALL. THANK YOU, LIZZ

**David

**David Report 14 Feb 2005 12:44

This is the details I have found, may or may not be her: 1871 England Census Mary Atkins 50 Queniborough, Leicestershire, England Head Monks Kirby Warwickshire Sarah Foster 42 Persall, Derbyshire, England Visitor Monks Kirby Warwickshire William Harratt 15 Monks Kirby, Warwickshire, England Servant Monks Kirby Warwickshire Sarah Reynolds 18 Leire, Leicestershire, England Servant Monks Kirby Warwickshire David

Kate

Kate Report 14 Feb 2005 12:46

Was Atkins her maiden name or married name? I see the Mary listed above from the 1871 census was a widow.

R.B.

R.B. Report 14 Feb 2005 12:51

David in London- not sure about this one. Kate, Atkins was Marys` maiden name. Thanks, Lizz

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 14 Feb 2005 13:10

Greeting's Lizz.... The only Atkins showing on the 1841. Census for Market Bosworth is :- 1841. Scanned Census Images. HO 107 / 602 / 01 / Page 38. Union Workhouse. Robert Atkins. Age 75. Born within the County. ********* But several pages too faded to read...... NO Atkins appear on the 1851. INDEX. Census for Market Bosworth. MIKE.

R.B.

R.B. Report 14 Feb 2005 14:04

Many,Many Thanks for your help. Lizz