Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help with importing gedcom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 12 Feb 2005 21:25

I've just found a whole lot of new names and so deleted my tree from Genes to import the new one.It says there is an error error800a9c68 does anyone know what this means and what I can do to fix it? Thanks Wendy

Daniel

Daniel Report 12 Feb 2005 22:16

I've had exactly the same problem!!!!!!

Heather

Heather Report 12 Feb 2005 22:45

Does it give any sort of message? When I had a prob it kept telling me it was because the owners name wasnt on the import. I kept thinking of course I am, then I realised that I had a second name on one tree and not on the other. Once I matched them it was ok.

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 13 Feb 2005 12:30

I've had that error on this site when I try to move from one board to another. It seems strange because I'm not doing anything with Gedcom. Perhaps it's just the site having a wobble?

Heather

Heather Report 13 Feb 2005 12:31

Yes, could be just a blip. Have another go.

Ellie

Ellie Report 21 Feb 2005 18:07

I'm having the same problem - it keeps telling me there is no one in the file I'm trying to import that matches the owner of the GR tree, but I am definitely there! I have done this a number of times before and just can't understand why it isn't working! Any ideas?

Heather

Heather Report 21 Feb 2005 18:12

Hi I had that too! But after sending them a ratty email, I suddenly realised I had put my second name on one site and not the other!

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Feb 2005 18:14

has to exactly match - all names, capital letters, dates can just be year tho....

Ellie

Ellie Report 22 Feb 2005 12:55

Still not working. My name is exactly the same on both Legacy (that I'm trying to import from) and GR. I have managed to do this in exactly the same way a number of times before, but GR just isn't letting me right now. I either get the 'no individual matches' message or the page is unavailable. HELP!

Jan

Jan Report 22 Feb 2005 13:00

I had exactly the same problem a few months ago. I took my details out of GR and re-entered them and it worked after that. Good luck J

Ellie

Ellie Report 22 Feb 2005 13:11

Ah ha - my NAME was correct, but for some reason GR had deleted my date of birth etc. Now I have re-entered them, I have been able to import. Hoorah!

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Feb 2005 13:28

computers arent that smart ! Added By Laird Davison on 21/02/2005 18:14:20 | Update Message | Delete Message has to EXACTLY match - all names, capital letters, dates can just be year tho....