Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Windows Security Updates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 11 Feb 2005 11:36

Has anyone else had problems with the 5 updates at the moment. I had auto update on and it was trying to download for 2 days, last night although only 70% complete when I went to shut down it said it was going to install 5 updates, it then want to a screen telling me not to turn off computer and did nothing for 3 hours, had to turn it off at the socket (which I hate to do ) to reboot. same thing happened this morning so I turned off auto update and went to there site and downloaded and installed them myself with no problems. Keith

Heather

Heather Report 11 Feb 2005 11:38

Same here, automatically downloaded in a couple of minutes.

Jean

Jean Report 11 Feb 2005 11:46

my automatic updates did'nt download the last 9 updates for some reason... so i downloaded them from the website instead...said it would take 35 mims but took well over an hour..then bless your lif up comes auto updates telling me updates were ready to install....think its the windows website at fault

Keith

Keith Report 11 Feb 2005 12:50

I've just looked at my download history and it says I've had 8 successful updates in the last 3 days, 1 of them Malicious Software Removal Tool was already listed as successfully downloaded by auto update 13 Jan. Since installing service pack 2 I've had a lot of trouble getting download history is anyone else having this problem. Keith