Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

grrrr!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 11 Feb 2005 10:22

why do we have to wait a hundred years for the census. i'm doing great on my mums side of the family as my nans been really helpful.my dads parents however don't know anything my nan didn't even know ewhere she was born.i've jsut about got there parents names out of them but it turns out they're all born 1908 to 1915 so i've now got to order certificates costing money and will have to wait, at least if i could get to the 1911 census i could start tracking them down, i'm just too impatient.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 11 Feb 2005 10:25

hahaha Im an Aries and want everything done YESTERDAY!!! I'm first in the Q matey...that makes you second lol Your turn to make the tea :o)) Gerri x

Christopher

Christopher Report 11 Feb 2005 10:26

do you take sugar

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 11 Feb 2005 10:29

lol yes...one please as it's NOT Monday. Mondays are dieting days :o) lol

Christopher

Christopher Report 11 Feb 2005 10:30

always start monday, by tuesday the chocolates back out

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Feb 2005 10:39

Don't forget that those born after abt September 1911 will have their mother's maiden name logged against their birth entry. You might be able to get a lead this way and find a suitable marriage for their parents on freebmd etc Only the certificates will confirm this of course.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 11 Feb 2005 10:41

Time to part with your pennies Christopher ! lol No pockets in shrouds ;o)

Christopher

Christopher Report 11 Feb 2005 10:43

i know i've got a couple of surnames to go on with. i limit myself to one certificate at a time and i'm waiting on one already.otherwise the wife goes mad at my spending

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 11 Feb 2005 10:49

Do as I do (and alot of others on here) 'Of course they are free darling!!!!' hehehe ;o)

Christopher

Christopher Report 11 Feb 2005 10:50

she deals with all the cash and bills so she sees the statements