Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

message question! thank you everyone problem solve

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val :~)   from West Wirral

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 10 Feb 2005 22:24

I have just recieved a message via GC email from someone saying she just wanted to say Hi!!! I dont think I know the name? is it safe to reply? Thanks for looking Val

Julie

Julie Report 10 Feb 2005 22:26

How werid, providing you don't give your personal e-mail you will be fine. Any poblems with the contents inform genes, who should deal with it.

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 10 Feb 2005 22:27

im not going to invite any viruses replying am I??

Julie

Julie Report 10 Feb 2005 22:30

Hi Val Am i reading you right. Was the e-mail from someone of Genes or e-mailed to your personal e-mail. If it was your personal e-mail, then i wouldn't reply. If i don't know who e-mails are from i don't even open them i just delete.

Sarah

Sarah Report 10 Feb 2005 22:33

Hi Val, If the email was via GR then it is safe to reply. If I were you I'd reply saying you don't recognise their name in case it was sent to you by accident. Sarah

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 10 Feb 2005 22:34

it came up on my GC page, while I was on a thread, that I had a message!! I clicked the message/contacts page and this name came up saying just looking on messages and wanted to say Hi Hi Hi!!! I worry so much about accepting anything from anyone I dont know!!! Is it the same on these message pages?? Concerned Val

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 10 Feb 2005 22:34

it came up on my GC page, while I was on a thread, that I had a message!! I clicked the message/contacts page and this name came up saying just looking on messages and wanted to say Hi Hi Hi!!! I worry so much about accepting anything from anyone I dont know!!! Is it the same on these message pages?? Concerned Val

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 10 Feb 2005 22:34

Hi Val You should get an E-mail from GR on your computer stating that you have a message from a GR member. When you come on the board and look at your messages it should be there, and can open it from your home-page. Hope this is clear, not very good at explaining! Elizabeth

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 10 Feb 2005 22:35

Thank you Sarah!!! I shall take a chance!! Val

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 10 Feb 2005 22:35

Thank you Julie and Elizabeth!! I shall go and give it a try!!! Val

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 10 Feb 2005 22:38

Have sent it, I shall wait and see what conspires!!! Val ;))((

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 10 Feb 2005 22:47

If a message comes into your contacts on GR it can't carry a virus. If a message goes to your personal e-mail address then it can. I'm scratching my head trying to think of an analogy for this but I can't.......no sorry!

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 10 Feb 2005 22:49

Thanks everyone, I have sent a reply!!! (hope done right thing) as yet no reply!!! Val lol

Val :~) from West Wirral Report 10 Feb 2005 22:57

Hi again to all who have been helping me!!! You where right she had sent the message to wrong person!!! phew!!!!!!!