Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What relation

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Liz

Liz Report 10 Feb 2005 17:08

I have recently been in contact with a relation through Genes Reunited. Her G Grandfather and mine were brothers so therefore we share the same GG Grandfather - can anyone tell me what relation she is to me. Many thanks

Katwin

Katwin Report 10 Feb 2005 17:11

Third cousins. Kathy

Geoff

Geoff Report 10 Feb 2005 17:11

Share grandfather - 1st cousins Share g-grandfather - 2nd cousins Share gg-grandfather - 3rd cousins etc

Zoe

Zoe Report 10 Feb 2005 17:12

3rd cousins quickest way to work it out is to find your common ancestro (in this case your GG grandfather) take the number of greats and add 1 it's slightly more complicated if you're not the same generation

Liz

Liz Report 10 Feb 2005 17:20

Thank you so much to all who answered my query, I really appreciate it. What a helpful bunch of people you are. Many thanks

Irene

Irene Report 12 Feb 2005 12:38

Just added this to a previous request. You can print off a relationship chart from http://lewisgenealogy(.)com/relate(.)html - it is very good, you can check out how you are related to your ancestors. Good Luck Irene ps do not forget to remove the brackets.