Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

birthday

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 10 Feb 2005 16:17

can anyone point me in the right direction, i am trying to find my fathers birthday,the only things i know are,his name is William Slater,he was born in Lancashire, Bury?i have his death certificate for27thsept,1947,in Bury Lancs. which means he was born in 1893. Help !!! William Slater jnr.

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 10 Feb 2005 16:31

He should be on the 1901 census. Do you know what is father's name is. That might help to narrow it down some.

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 10 Feb 2005 16:36

possible matches are these (providing he was born & Lived in lancashire) William Slater 8 Blackburn, Lancashire, England Son Blackburn Lancashire William Slater 8 Lancashire, Lancashire, England Son Rochdale Lancashire William A Slater 8 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Nephew Lancaster Lancashire William Slater 7 Gt marton, Lancashire, England Son Blackpool Lancashire William Slater 7 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Everton Lancashire William Slater 7 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Everton Lancashire William Slater 7 Peel, Lancashire, England Son Marton Lancashire William Slater 7 Radcliffe, Lancashire, England Son Radcliffe Lancashire William Slater 7 Manchester, Lancashire, England Grandson South Manchester Lancashire William Slater 7 Bootle, Lancashire, England Son Wavertree Lancashire William Slater 7 Wheelton, Lancashire, England Son Wheelton Lancashire William K Slater 7 Oldham, Lancashire, England Son Lytham Lancashire William L Slater 7 Rishton, Lancashire, England Grandson Rishton Lancashire William S Slater 7 Oldham, Lancashire, England Son Oldham Lancashire

William

William Report 10 Feb 2005 16:47

thanks louise,ihad narrowed him down to 5 people but if i got all birth certs, i still would not know .Bill

Pat

Pat Report 10 Feb 2005 16:49

His marriage certificate should give his father's name. That might help?

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 10 Feb 2005 16:50

I think Louise must have access to Ancestry. Just looking on the 1901 online site there are some possible 9-year-old Williams, too. If you got the DoB simply by subtracting the age the year of death (i.e. he was 54), then the birth could have been in autumn/winter 1892 or spring/summer 1893. Using FreeBMD, you get this list for Lancashire births: Births Sep 1892 Slater William Rochdale 8e 29 Births Dec 1892 Slater William Blackburn 8e 411 Slater William Rochdale 8e 30 Slater William Bentley W. Derby 8b 528 Births Mar 1893 Slater William Bury 8c 660 Slater William Alfred W. Derby 8b 456 Births Jun 1893 Slater William Blackburn 8e 452 Births Sep 1893 Slater William W. Derby 8b 415 Slater William Ashton 8d 443 Slater William Salford 8d 109 Slater William Prestwich 8d 316 Slater William Chorlton 8c 825 Births Dec 1893 Slater William Bury 8c 632 Slater William Salford 8d 133 Slater William Kershaw Oldham 8d 641 The Dec 1893 registration would still, technically be possible, because a late September birth would probably not be registered until the December quarter. The March 1893 one looks more likely. All this assuming that whoever gave the age at death knew what they were talking about! Christine

William

William Report 10 Feb 2005 16:51

thanks Barbara,have got 8c 660 but still do not know if right one.Bill

William

William Report 10 Feb 2005 17:03

thanks to all replies, am going through the list. William,