Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm at a wall!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Morgan

Morgan Report 10 Feb 2005 16:12

Does anybody know how i can go about finding out more info on this: I know my grandfathers full name and place of birth, but not year of birth. I know his wife's name and approximate date of birth. I know both of their parents names, but don't know any dates relating to them. Help! Morgan Price :-)

Valerie

Valerie Report 10 Feb 2005 16:15

Morgan, have you tried doing a parents name search on LDS - might work as you know names of both partners and offspring. good luck Val

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 10 Feb 2005 16:18

A death certificate will have an age at death. That should give you an approx year of birth. Same with his wife.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Feb 2005 16:18

Are they likely to be on the 1901 census? Ann glos

Morgan

Morgan Report 10 Feb 2005 16:24

Thankyou for all of your replies. I have done a census ckeck on my great grandfather, but as i don't know his age i have to go through loads, and am still no better off! My gr. grandmother is scottish. I must sound thick, but what is a LDS? and unfortunately i don't know years of death either! It's hopeless!!!

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 10 Feb 2005 16:26

LDS is Latter Day Saints. Their site is familysearch org. If you give me their names, maybe I can help you find them

Morgan

Morgan Report 10 Feb 2005 16:29

Wilfred Leonard Price, born Abergavenny, son of George Price and Gertrude Munslow. Eunice Insull, born c1918, daughter of Thomas Insull and Catherine Anderson.

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 10 Feb 2005 16:44

On FreeBMD I found a birth record for Wilfred Price Sept Qtr 1906 in Abergevenny Vol 11a, page 57 You would have to take a chance and order the certificate to see if it's the right one but since you have his parent's names you could ask for a search option using one of the parent's names. Didn't find anything on Eunice