Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Spanish censuses and certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

pamj

pamj Report 9 Feb 2005 21:43

There have been a couple of threads about this recently.When I called the Spanish National Institute for Statistics yesterday, they said that the results of the censuses can be consulted in their library, but only for general information. They won´t disclose names and addresses on any census.

pamj

pamj Report 9 Feb 2005 21:47

As for birth, marriage and death certificates, you need the name,both surnames, exact date of birth and place of birth. If you have the volume and page number, then you can get them from the central registry office in Madrid. If not, then you can only get them from the office that they were registered in.

Susan

Susan Report 9 Feb 2005 23:23

Just noticed your thread as I was clocking off for the evening. Glad I checked in one more time as I've been one of the people asking about the Spanish Censuses. You were very brave to phone up their Census Office! Do you speak Spanish? You've answered my question anyway even though it is not good news. I'll have to think of some other sources for the 30 years some of my ancestors were in Seville! Thanks for the info. It has been a great help. Sue G in Berks