Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Organising your info

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Speedy

Speedy Report 9 Feb 2005 18:18

Hi all, while I have been reading various threads it seems that a lot of you have lots of scraps of paper and duplicate certs, heres my tip for you all:- invest in several small note books, one for certs needed, when the certs have been ordered enter the date, then enter the date arrived, next keep a book for the families that you are researching, every time you find another member of the family put them on the correct page for that family, and don't for get when you were at school you had a rough book for jotting info in, well time to get another rough book and keep that for jotting info into, then you can transfer the info when confirmed into the correct book. I hope this helps you to record your hard work, and not lose it when the scrap of paper disapears. :)) Bev

Joanne

Joanne Report 9 Feb 2005 19:16

give all your rellies a number, also helpful when everyone calls everyone the same name :)

Padkat

Padkat Report 9 Feb 2005 19:22

The Latter Day Saints website www(.)familysearch(.)org (remove the brackets) has forms you can download, including a family group record form which is good for grouping families together as you find them. Kate