Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Maker 2005 help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 8 Feb 2005 17:55

I am trying to print the information in the Edit Individual box - the stuff that you used to print from the facts page, addresses, occupations etc - and I can't see how to do it. Have tried 'control + P', have looked at the booklet and even borrowed the official book from someone but to no avail. anyone got any ideas please. Thanks, Maz. XX

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 8 Feb 2005 18:17

Hi Maz Which report (s) are you trying to print the data on? Peter

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 8 Feb 2005 18:32

Hi Peter, this is harder to explain than it should be! You know where you go into 'edit individual' to add things like address, occupation, burial details etc?? On the previous version of FTM it wasn't a 'pop-up' type box, it took you to a whole screen called 'more about...' and you could select 'File', 'Print More About..' from the top toolbar. On the new version it takes you to an 'edit individual' pop-up style box and doesn't give you the option to print. Basically, I need an easy way to print all the 'facts' about an individual. Its driving me mad! Thanks in advance for any clues! Maz. XX

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 8 Feb 2005 18:45

Maz Gotcha Just getting my Dinner - will have a look for you afterwards Peter

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Feb 2005 18:47

When you have the individual displayed in Family View, select one of the reports - then click CONTENT on the main menu. You can select a multitude of things to include in the report. Obviously decide on which report is relevant before augmenting its CONTENT .... hope this helps, dont have it on this PC, so cant do a 'dry run'

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 8 Feb 2005 19:17

Maz, Just checked the help pages - unfortunately there is not a facility to just print an individual's notes. As Laird suggested you would have to select a report first, then decide what you want in it and print from there. Peter

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 8 Feb 2005 20:28

Thanks chaps - can't understand why they have changed this grrrrrrr!!! Maz. XX

Maryann

Maryann Report 8 Feb 2005 23:46

Hi Maz Just had a look.. The only way you can print, say the 'Notes' in the Edit button on the left, is to highlight, copy and paste...Just done it into Word. Hope that helps Mary

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 9 Feb 2005 16:43

Ah, didn't think of that Mary, I'll have a go! Thanks for that! Maz. XX

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 9 Feb 2005 16:51

grrrr - just tried it and it won't let you do it! You can print the 'notes' by doing ... File then Batch print Family View/Notes Have found the only way to print the General or Medical facts so far is to go to ... View then Reports then either Alternate Facts or Medical etc then you have to go to ... Contents then Individuals to Include then you can choose the person. So flamin' long-winded!!!! grrrrrrrrrr still! Thanks everyone for trying! I just like to keep a print of each 'direct' ancestor's facts with their Family Group Sheet for easy reference. Oh well!! Maz. XX