Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wording on a Will.....Help!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Natalie

Natalie Report 6 Feb 2005 14:34

I'm stuck!

Natalie

Natalie Report 6 Feb 2005 14:37

Trying to transcribe a Will and at the end where the Will is proved it says "admon" is granted to the widow. It looks like admon, or could be admin, or odmon???? On the next Will down, the same word appears in the sentence "Admon of the goods, chattels and debts was granted to.......etc" Any help very welcome! Thanks Natalie

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 6 Feb 2005 14:50

I think it will mean 'admin' as in administration, as when my mother died 2 years ago I had to get probate and was granted 'Letters of Administration', which just gives you permission to deal with everything in the will. Kath. x

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 6 Feb 2005 15:05

WHAT DOES HERITAGE MEAN ON A WILL -IS IT PROPERTY? THANKS, Rosalyn

Natalie

Natalie Report 6 Feb 2005 15:19

Someone has emailed me to say the word is definitely Admon, and it means that the administration of the Will is granted, so thanks for all your help. As for 'heritage'.....I do know that the same word in French means your inheritance. Thanks again. Natalie