Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IRISH BMD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deb

Deb Report 6 Feb 2005 12:36

Can any help? are there any searchable sites for irish BMD's. if not how do you find records without going to the record offices in ireland

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Feb 2005 12:38

Hi Deborah With difficulty as I'm finding! There are some Irish BMD's on familysearch and on the BVRI discs but not many. I'm not aware of any online BMD sites for Ireland but will watch this thread with interest in case anyone comes up with anything worth checking out! Lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Feb 2005 12:39

Deborah This is the GENUKI page for Irish info sources: www.genuki.org.uk/big/irl/index.html#top As you will see I don't think there is anything much online:-( nell

Deb

Deb Report 6 Feb 2005 12:43

Thanks for the info, I will keep looking and if I find anything usefull I post it on this thread Debbie

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Feb 2005 12:50

Hi Deborah I also seem to remember reading that civil reg didn't start in Ireland until 1864 (or was it 1854!) so it's even harder than over here to go backwards Lou