Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MORE FAMILY BIBLES FOR SALE.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nantwich

Nantwich Report 4 Feb 2005 19:50

Hi All My obsession with e-bay and trying to reunite bibles with anyone out there continues!!!!! 1. Rare Antique Bible Printed 1897 Published in commemoration o fQueenVictoria's 60th year on the throne. Inscription EMILY ATKINSON FROM C. RANK... June 1897. 2. THE FAMILY REGISTER SURNAME HUTCHINSON, THE EARLIEST DATE IS BORN OCTOBER 29TH 1834. 3. THE FAMILY REGISTER SURNAME DAVIES, THE EARLIEST DATE IS 1854 4. Contains details of HENRY AND SARAH HOOPER who were married in 1818, details of their children's births, deaths and marriages up to 1868. 5. large family bible with  birth marriage, and death plates to record family history, these have been filled by the previous owner and the family histories recorded are mainly 2 familys from 1900's onwards, the HULL and RICHARDSON family's from EAST YORKS/YORK area. Good Luck!! Sarah

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Feb 2005 19:53

I have a Henry and Sarah Hooper....you don't happen to know WHERE these ones were from, do you? Did it say? Their first child was born 1821 so possibly..... Lou

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Feb 2005 19:53

Hi Sarah It's a very useful obsession you've got there! You never know who it may help. Unfortunately my family are from Hull in East Yorks, but not called Hull :-( Jeanette x

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 4 Feb 2005 20:01

Lou - person lives in Wiltshire if that is any help. This is the name for it if you want to email the person to ask 1806 HOLY BIBLE James Old & New Testaments

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Feb 2005 20:14

Thanks Chloe I'll have a look later. My Henry and Sarah were from London but doesn't mean to say that the person who owns the bible has to still live where they did in 1820! Lou