Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

exporting tree?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 4 Feb 2005 18:02

why is it when i export my tree from this site I get a "document file" not a "gedcom" file

Nichola

Nichola Report 4 Feb 2005 18:05

Hi Louise, If you click the 'export gedcom' you should get a gedcom. Have you read the help notes. Nicky

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 4 Feb 2005 18:13

yep - i get the box and click save - but it's a document file now when i click the page doesn't even show up

Nichola

Nichola Report 4 Feb 2005 18:20

Do you get this error:- HappyGenesReunited error '800a9c68' Application-defined or object-defined error /genesreunited.asp, line 13 I keep getting that on and off. It must be a problem they are having. Nicky

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 4 Feb 2005 18:28

that's the one glad that's just not me

David

David Report 17 Feb 2005 17:06

Hi I'm having major problems exportign my GRU tree via GEDCOm to my pc. I get the same message as referred to in previous posters. I e-mailed the HalpDesk butgot a reply on Importing ttrees! I've sent them a response, together with details of the code on the page. DOes anyone know if this problem is related to the size of my GRU tree? At the moment there are more than 2,600 names on the tree. It was OK for exporting when there were only 700+. Has anyone found out whether it is the file size that's the problem or wether GRU has a problem? I really don't want to have to re-enter all this data inot Family Tree Maker by hand. :( Regards David Probett

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 17 Feb 2005 17:17

i shouldn't think so