Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837 online

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~˜Kim in

~˜Kim in Report 4 Feb 2005 13:45

Hi can you help me, ive been trying to search for births on the 1837 online serach however every birth ive searched nothing matches, am i doing something wrong? or is it possible it doesnt do births in london and essex? i even put my own birth in and nothing lol thank's kim xxx

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 4 Feb 2005 13:47

The matches don't show in the search results, you have to open the pages to see everyone on there. If you want me to have a look for anyone for you, let me know :)

Nichola

Nichola Report 4 Feb 2005 13:50

Hi Kim, 1837 online is complete and therefore records should be there. You do have to select page to view all though, otherwise it just tells you names that the pages start and end with. Nicky

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Feb 2005 13:53

Transcription quality occasionally suffers for the older handwritten indices.... I wa looking for a CHASE born 1852, and on a first pass could not find her. Something caught my eye and to cut a long story short, 3 entries had a 'last name' beginning CHAPxxx but when you looked in the actual image it was clearly CHATxxx - which of course meant that CHAS was in fact in that Quarter ! Remember - ASS U ME !

~˜Kim in

~˜Kim in Report 4 Feb 2005 13:54

Thank's for that how do i open them up? do i need to buy credits? im looking for a peter robert worker i believe he was born in london the hackney area in 1943 or 44, i dont mind buying credits but i just couldnt see any matches lol... sorry im new to this kim xxx

Ann

Ann Report 4 Feb 2005 13:59

Hi Kim When I did a search in the search form on 1837 at first, It never came up with anything...even I didn't exist according to it!! However now I've paid for credits the search's in the specific years ie 1866-1876 work fine.

~˜Kim in

~˜Kim in Report 4 Feb 2005 14:03

Hi thank's for that, ive been typing worker and year but there isnt even a worker showing up, ive done mine nothing ive clicked the view by the names that are there and nothing its prob me being stupid lol kim xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Feb 2005 14:05

Kim, use the BROWSE thingy - then on the lhs of screen click on BIRTHs - it will open like folders .... select the 10 year period for the 1940s, then click on 1943, again it will open up 'folders' for the 4 quarters of 1943. Click on the 3rd Q (my approach for a 2 year estimate like yours) and it will show a list over to the right. Click on the Initial of the surname, then scroll down till you find the group of firt - last names which includes yours. Click on the VIEW button, and a new window will open. You will have to download the DJVU viewr - it will guide you thru thsi the first time you need it. Then just look at the typewritten image ! Repaet this for 4Q1943, then move on and do the 1 and 2Qs of 1944 ... if no joy, go back and do 2Q1943, then 3Q1944 etc ...

~˜Kim in

~˜Kim in Report 4 Feb 2005 14:17

Hi ive tryed that i put mine in and im still not there lol mine was kim church 21/06/1969

Ann

Ann Report 4 Feb 2005 14:27

Iv'e sent you a message direct Kim Ann