Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dilemma

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 3 Feb 2005 20:55

From 1837online I have Isabella Ann KrafftMarried Sept quarter 1865 Greenwich 1d 1077 Also from 1837 on Line I have Isabella Ann Krafft married Dec Q 1865 Greenwich 1d 1241 Surely there can be only one Isabella Ann...the name is rare and it took a long time to find her - I do have her in 1861 in Paddington but her patrents are breeding in Greenwich even though they can't be found on the i861 census. I have Isabella's father Charles in 1871 in Camberwell and I believe I have the death of her mother Ann in Greenwich 1854 Is it possible for a marriage to be registered twice in the same place?

Keith

Keith Report 3 Feb 2005 21:14

Do you have any idea who she married? Back check on their name. Regards. Keith

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 3 Feb 2005 21:22

Unfortunately no - does not appear to have been transcribed on free BMD yet and I don't particularly want to buy both certificates!! Peter

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 3 Feb 2005 21:44

Thanks for the encouragement - the name is rare, but the spelling variations are legion - Kraft, Craft, Kraaft, croft etc. I have all the ones I can find from the censuses - not actuall sure if I'm related to this lot either, am working both ways from Charles to see where I get. Trouble is it is going to get really expensive for certs! I am convinced that there is only one Isabella - next problem will be Alice Katherine Krafft who married March Q 1865 St Georges 1d168 - where is St Georges?????? Peter

Kim

Kim Report 3 Feb 2005 22:14

if the marriage was between two different religions sometimes they have two ceremonies. or possibly could be two cousins with identical names , I have loads in my tree with same name. Another scenario could be the death of first husband , but a bit too close in time I would think. Kim

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Feb 2005 22:21

St Georges is in Southwark. Try this link: www.fhsc.org.uk/genuki/REG/lnd.htm it gives details of all the registration districts in London. nell