Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish grandparents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cherub751

cherub751 Report 2 Feb 2005 22:46

My mother was born in 1913 in Ireland. I am sure that my grandparents were married there around 1910 but I am having real problems trying to trace any of the family. My grandad's name was Thomas Doyle and my Grandmother's maiden name was Mary Florence. Can anyone point me in the right direction so that I can start some research. I am a UK/Ireland member with Ancestry.com but I haven't had any luck with them. Are there any good Irish genealogy sites that I could join? I am getting really wound up! Please help!!!!

Gordon

Gordon Report 2 Feb 2005 23:05

Some LDS centres have the Irish BMD on hand, you can try it that way...

cherub751

cherub751 Report 2 Feb 2005 23:33

Thank you Gordon - what are LDS centres? Forgive my ignorance!

Sunny Rosy

Sunny Rosy Report 2 Feb 2005 23:37

I am having the same problem with my in-laws forbears all born in Ireland. I can find my dad-in-law's death here but not his birth in Ireland 1912.