Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

free bdm

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 2 Feb 2005 20:27

hello advice please i found a marriage on the free bdm site how can i find out who she married please i no its a silly questionn lol

Sally

Sally Report 2 Feb 2005 20:34

Click on the page number ,that will take you to anyone who was married that day with luck there might not be too many I have sorted out a few that way Good luck Sally

Paul

Paul Report 2 Feb 2005 20:36

If the Volume and Page have been transcribed, click on the number at the end. That will take you to all the entries that have been transcribed for that page. It may not show all the names as they may not have been transcribed, or the may be a query on one of the names. Paul

tinkers

tinkers Report 2 Feb 2005 20:38

hi sally thanks for ur reply i have looked up like u said and there r 5 names listed 3 woman and 2 blokes so how would i no wich bloke married my lady in question lol

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 2 Feb 2005 20:40

When is the marriage in question? Is it before 1901? Before 1891? If so, you (or sks), could try and find her on the census to see who she married.

tinkers

tinkers Report 2 Feb 2005 20:48

the marriage in question is 1910 she has been found on 1891 census but after this cant find her on 1901 anywhere its like she has disapreared of face of the earth lol

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 2 Feb 2005 20:49

Wait the long and tired wait until the 1911 comes out?!? Or buy the cert.... or if you know the parish it took place, have a look at the parish records.

Heather

Heather Report 2 Feb 2005 20:50

You could buy the marriage cert for £7 and find his name and both fathers names, which is really what you need..

Paul

Paul Report 2 Feb 2005 20:56

What are the names? Paul

tinkers

tinkers Report 2 Feb 2005 20:58

martha quinn married in sunderland 1910