Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Question on Death Records.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Feb 2005 17:29

What year did the age at death start to be recorded?? Is there any hope of verify a death without it? And how could I be certain I was ordering the correct certificate?

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Feb 2005 17:39

Hi Jonathon, I mean on the registers. I have a child who was born Mar1849, but he is not with parents on the 1851 Census. I started to search deaths on the 1837 site, and have one the very next quarter - same area, which looks likely, but I have no way to verify it. The next two siblings born died as toddlers also, but those deaths are detailed on the IGI records from LDS, whereas the earlier one isn't. Anne

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Feb 2005 17:59

Jonathon, Do you mean physically go look at them??? Not really - they were in Oxford and I am (obviously) in Kent. Anne

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Feb 2005 18:26

Jonathon I was trying to avoid asking really - been doing that alot lately with this family LOL Can I access NBI online?? Anne