Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Institutions on 1901 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jason

Jason Report 1 Feb 2005 13:32

I've been searching for my gt-grandparents on the 1901 census. They were married in 1897 and had my grandfather in 1909. I've finally found my gt-grandmother. She is living with her daughters and sister. No sign of my gt-grandfather though! She is down as the Head and as being Married (not a widow). I was wondering, when you perform a person search on the 1901 census, does it search in institutions as well? I wonder as Institutions have their own link on the site and when you click on an institution (hopefully to see who was in) you have to pay. Any advice would be appreciated. Jason.

Geoff

Geoff Report 1 Feb 2005 13:38

Yes, institutions are searched. You may have some luck here: http://homepage.ntlworld.*com/jeffery.knaggs/Instuts.html (remove *)

Jason

Jason Report 1 Feb 2005 15:21

Thanks chaps, the link may be usefull. Missing gt-grandfather is Charles Ambrose Ward, born 1875, Stockton-On-Tees, married Mary Sullivan in 1897 also in Stockton. Would have expected to see him in the household with Mary Ward (nee Sullivan). She is down as the Head but not a Widow, so he must be somewhere. Can't find him elsewhere on the 1901 census. Rgds, Jason.