Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

land registry?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 1 Feb 2005 09:30

Anyone know how to find out the legal owner of a property?(present day!)

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 1 Feb 2005 09:35

Hi Lindsay Go to http://www.landregisteronline.gov.uk Cost £2 to download the info you want. When I have used this facility before, sometimes they don't have the details of the property you want, but there is usually a form to fill in. It's all dead simple though, just follow the instructions. Jeanette x

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 1 Feb 2005 09:39

thanks!

Margaret

Margaret Report 1 Feb 2005 11:07

Just been there, order search, paid my money ,accepted it, but it did not download. Have sent them a complaint e-mail and hope they dont take to long in replying

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 1 Feb 2005 11:11

Margaret, can you let me know when they reply please?

Margaret

Margaret Report 1 Feb 2005 12:05

Lindsay Yes will do P.S. when searching for property best to just put in post code.I put in full address with post code and it could not find it.then just post code and found it. Still no reply

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 1 Feb 2005 12:20

thanks Margaret

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Feb 2005 12:51

Another e-mail sent still no reply

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 2 Feb 2005 13:54

Margaret, how annoying! I hope they get back to you soon. Let me know.

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Feb 2005 09:06

Rang yesterday still nothing

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 3 Feb 2005 14:27

Margaret It's a joke isn't it? I actually typed in the address I wanted to check out, but it came up with no such address! I know it exists. Just another brick wall I'm facing in the quest to find my elusive missing uncle! I'm fast running out of ideas of ways to find him!!

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Feb 2005 09:54

E-Mail received to-day Fri. with attachment I'm happy now.

Lindsay

Lindsay Report 4 Feb 2005 13:09

I'm glad to hear it! I'll try later and see if they can find the address I'm looking for!