Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

i am stuck lol

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 1 Feb 2005 07:55

i have a john and elizabeth quinn on 1891 census living with kids martha, chas and margaret as well as johns brother and sister however i have an address of where they lived in 1897 after this i cannot find anydetails on anyof them after this ive looked on 1901 census and the only martha that caould b found was living in manchester ive looked on different web sites but cant find anything on them, martha was born in 1885 and i no she married but cant find anything on her married oralso cant find a deatrh for her either any advice

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 1 Feb 2005 08:05

Where were they living in 1891? What part of the country?

tinkers

tinkers Report 1 Feb 2005 08:06

they were born and living in sunderland

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Feb 2005 08:34

I don't think the records for Sunderland are on Ancestry for 1901 yet which may explain why you can't find them. Durham still seems to be missing and I think Sunderland comes under Durham. You could try the PRO site, 1901 is complete on there Lou

tinkers

tinkers Report 1 Feb 2005 08:37

hello thanks for the reply i have looked on 1901 census and the only martha that could b found was in manchester and it said her birth was in manchester but the martha i found on my tree was born in sunderland

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Feb 2005 08:38

Was she on the National Archives site or on Ancestry? Have you tried searching the 1901 census on the PRO site by the address they were living at in 1897?