Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 Census Wales - Help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrea

Andrea Report 31 Jan 2005 22:11

I've found Joseph Lea, a coal dealer, in 1901 and 1891 Census born and living in Birkenhead Cheshire aged 38 and 28 respectively. I couldn't find him in England in 1881 or 1871. I may have found him in 1881, aged 18, living in Wales- I think in Montgomeryshire. Does anyone have access to 1871 Wales census who would kindly see if they could find him with his family when he would be about 8 years old? TIA Audrey.

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 31 Jan 2005 22:27

Not in Wales but I did find this family in Cheshire Alfred Lea 4 months Crewe, Cheshire, England Son Coppenhall Monks Cheshire Elizabeth Lea 10 St Marys; Shrewsbury Daughter Coppenhall Monks Cheshire Henrietta Lea 2 Crewe, Cheshire, England Daughter Coppenhall Monks Cheshire Henry Lea 4 Crewe, Cheshire, England Son Coppenhall Monks Cheshire Joseph L Lea 8 Crewe, Cheshire, England Son Coppenhall Monks Cheshire Mary Ann Lea 30 St Marys; Shrewsbury Wife Coppenhall Monks Cheshire Richard Lea 38 Pontesbury, Shropshire, England Head Coppenhall Monks Cheshire