Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

missing famillies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 30 Jan 2005 11:36

hi all, How come i cannot find my husbands maternal family, (both sets) and my fathers family on the Ancestry 1901 census site ? I know my fathers family were in leeds both before and after 1901 as births are registered. Hubbys family are on 1891 Census living in South Yorkshire. Can't all have been avoiding the Census man for any reason surely??Perhaps i dont want to know!!! Thanks, Joan

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jan 2005 11:46

Joan There is no Yorkshire for 1901 on Ancestry as yet which is why you cannot find them on there. There are plans to add it but not sure when! You can view 1901 Yorkshire on the PRO site which is also pay to view Lou

Joan

Joan Report 30 Jan 2005 12:56

hi and thanks, Glad to know its not me or some deep dark family secret that i didnt really want to know. How do i know how much of 1901 cencus is on ancestry and when will it be updated? thanks joan

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jan 2005 13:08

Hi Joan I believe that 1871-1891 are complete and Yorkshire and Durham are missing from 1901. No Wales at all for 1901 either Not sure about when it will be updated Lou